WHAT IS IT ABOUT AND HOW TO RECOGNIZE THEM
WHY DO YOU SEE THEM AND WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Have you ever see some floaters in your field of vision, staring at a white wall, the sky or using the computer with a light background monitor?
WHAT ARE FLOATERS?
FLOATERS manifest themselves as darker areas that move when the eyes move. These could arise/occur at any age, in greater quantities between 20 and 30 years of age or between 50 and 60 years and accompany us throughout life.
WHY DO YOU SEE FLOATERS?
The floaters occur later degenerating vitreous (the jelly-like substance inside the eye).
The vitreous body is made from 99% water and the remaining 1% of collagen fibers, vitreous cells, hyaluronic acid, and proteins that constitute the scaffolding.
Hyaluronic acid is the molecule more present and plays a vital role in supporting the collagen fibers and retain water molecules.
During the degenerative and related to aging phenomena, the production capacity of hyaluronic acid within the vitreous is reduced: the collagen fibers are not adequately supported and tend to collapse upon one another, creating accumulations. In this way, the vitreous body loses its transparency for a reduction of the aqueous component.
WHAT ARE THE DISEASES RELATED WITH FLOATERS?
The Floaters could be caused by processes related to aging, but also by myopia, injuries, bleeding and/or inflammatory processes (Uveitis, diabetes).
In severe cases, the floaters may occur due to a retinal detachment or following surgical procedures. In these cases, you can also see flashes of light (phosphenes) induced by stresses that the detached vitreous body exerts on the retina. It is appropriate in these cases to consult an eye specialist as soon as possible.
HOW CAN YOU PREVENT FLOATERS?
– DRINK A LOTS WATER, hydration is fundamental to maintain the integrity of the vitreous body
– MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, favoring fruits and vegetables and limiting fats
– SHIELD YOUR THE EYES FROM THE SUN, because the UV rays increase the progression of the vitreous body’s degeneration
– USE SUPPLEMENTS, choose products to prevent and block the progression of the degeneration of the vitreous body, for example, our product IALUTEC®.